TroubleshootingEdit this doc
This page provides solutions for common problems you may encounter while working with Kendo UI widgets.
- ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined (in Google Chrome and FireFox)
- 'jQuery' is undefined (in Internet Explorer)
If jQuery is included more than once in the page all existing jQuery plugins (including Kendo UI) will be wiped out. Will also occur
- TypeError: Object #
- TypeError: $("#Grid").kendoGrid is not a function (in FireFox)
- Object doesn't support property or method 'kendoGrid' (in Internet Explorer 9+)
- Object doesn't support this property or method (in older versions of Internet Explorer)
Note: All Kendo widgets will be affected by this problem, not just the Kendo Grid. Just the error message will be different e.g. "kendoChart is not a function" or "Object has no method kendoEditor".
Make sure jQuery is not included more than once in your page. Remove any duplicate
Kendo CDN is updated only when a new official version is released (major or service pack). Internal builds are not uploaded to CDN.
Usually caused when the page loaded via AJAX contains a script reference to jQuery. When jQuery is re-initialized, all jQuery-based data attributes are cleared, including the data("kendoWidget") attribute that holds the Kendo UI widget object.
The solution is to load a partial HTML fragment that doesn't contain any unneeded jQuery references, or use an iframe to load the complete page.
// loads complete page
// load complete page...
// ... and show it in an iframe
// load partial page, without jQuery reference
Change event of an input widget is triggered only by user action. DOM elements work in the same way.
If you need to trigger an event manually use the trigger method.