Slider OverviewEdit this doc
The Slider provides a rich input for selecting values. Unlike the HTML5
range input, the Slider presents a consistent experience across browsers and features a rich
API and event model.
Initialization of a Slider should occur after the DOM is fully loaded. It is recommended that
initialization the Slider occur within a handler is provided to $(document).ready().
Many facets of the Slider behavior can be configured through
- Minimum and/or maximum values
- Orientation (horizontal or vertical)
- Small or large step
- Tooltip format/placement
You can reference an existing Slider instance via
jQuery.data(). Once a reference has been established, you can
use the API to control its behavior.
var slider = $("#slider").data("kendoSlider");
The Slider draghandles are able to receive focus via tabbing. When this happens, the respective draghandle is displayed with its "active" style
and the following keys and behaviors are supported:
- Right and Up increment the value by a smallStep amount
- Left and Down decrement the value by a smallStep amount
- Page Up and Page Down increment/decrement by a largeStep amount
- Home and End place the focused draghandle at the minimum or maximum value
- In right-to-left (RTL) mode the behavior of the left and right arrow keys is reversed.