Problem: The "Select..." button is partially visible and has no text
The Upload uses an opacity filter to overlay the default file input's Select button.
This filter is implemented as an ActiveX control in IE versions 8 and below.
As such, it is subject to security settings and can be accidentally disabled.
Sample image of an affected component:
Set the following option to "Enable" in Internet Explorer: "Internet Options -> Security -> Internet (or Local intranet) -> Custom Level -> Binary and script behaviors"
success is fired when the file upload fails
- The server response cannot be accessed in the
success event fires before the upload is complete
Turn off Opera Dragonfly. This debugging tool will interfere with the upload by firing an extra Load event for the IFRAME.
When a server error occurs the complete server response is logged in the console.
The console is accessible in a manner specific for each browser:
- Internet Explorer - Open the developer tools (F12) and choose the Script tab. The console is visible on the right.
- Firefox - Install Firebug and enable the Console tab.
- Safari - Enable the Develop menu from the Preferences / Advanced dialog. Open the error console from the Develop menu.
- Opera - No usable error console available because of a bug in Opera Dragonfly.
- Any browser - Use a debugging proxy like Fiddler or Charles to obtain the server response.